Baker - Product Development Technologist
This full-time permanent position is a key support role in our Product Development team, which is responsible for the development of bread, pies, bun and roll and other bakery products. You will also help provide technical support and training to our bakeries and be an integral part of new product launches. The Product Development Technologist reports to the Senior Product Innovation Manager. The role is based out at Wiri but you will be required to move around to the other site @ Otahuhu and Christchurch when needed.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Writing recipes and development of new products in the test bakery through to commercialization using the gate system
- Costing of recipes
- Presenting product development to the relevant teams
- Renovation of current products to ensure they remain relevant and competitive
- Input into the Tip Top ‘Technology Platform’ and investigating and evaluating new technologies that fit with the Tip Top growth strategy
- Keep product quality high on the business agenda
- Provide technical support and training at site level
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment that does not tolerate unsafe behaviours or acts
- Ensure compliance with the Company's health and safety policies and procedures
- Strong bakery background or understanding of the plant baking industry
- Strong understanding of technical / theory of bread making
- Strong understanding of ingredient functionality
- Tertiary qualification in Food Technology or relevant qualification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects independently and achieve results
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing facility
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams and independently.
- Available and able to work in New Zealand
Please contact Ralph Thorogood at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions around the job.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: HRAJ811774
Location: Ellerslie/Mt Wellington
Closing Date: Friday, 26 October 2018