George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF’s product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, small goods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF’s business units include: Tip Top, Don KRC, Mauri ANZ and Jasol. We are renowned in New Zealand for our iconic bread brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughmans, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies, just to name a few. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best'
About the Role:
You will be part of a busy team based in our Wiri Site that provides round-the-clock support to ensure our product is delivered on time. This role is responsible to ensure high quality electrical services are provided to plant and equipment in a timely and efficient manner, ensure all electrical work is carried out within safety regulations as well as supporting production and site activities to optimise productivity and minimize downtime.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Emergency Breakdown Repairs
- Machinery Overhauls
- Routine Maintenance
- Operates to ensure Quality, Hygiene, Safety and Productivity
- Ensure the production of high quality product by reinforcing GMP
- You must possess a full electrical licence and be registered with the Electrical Workers Registration Board of New Zealand and have relevant industrial electrical experience effective team player that role models accountability at all levels,
- Experience in a bread baking or food handling company or FMCG industry would be advantageous, as would PLC familiarity and basic PLC programming skills.
If you are interested in applying please click "Apply" to complete an application form and upload your current resume. Any applications that are not completed online will not be accepted.
Please note: Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: EIAK811704
Closing Date: Applications Close - 20/05/2018