Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
George Weston Foods makes some of Australia & New Zealand's favourite and most innovative products, living our purpose to Create Everyday Moments of Goodness. We are a quality and customer focused FMCG, employing more than 6,000 people across 40 sites. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc. GWF's product range is diverse, and includes leading brands of bread and baked products, small goods, flour, milled products, animal feed, as well as cleaning and hygiene solutions.
Our Baking Division is renowned in New Zealand for our iconic brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughman’s, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies - just to name a few. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best.' We are also very proud to have been recognised as the Inclusive Workplace and Supreme Winners at the 2021 Diversity Awards.
About the Opportunity:
Kia ora! Are you needing a change and fresh new opportunity? Looking to be part of a highly engaged and inclusive workplace? Look no further!
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Fitter - Night Shift for our Wiri Bakery. You will be part of a busy team, providing round the clock support to ensure our products are delivered on time. This varied role is responsible for providing high quality mechanical engineering services, as well as supporting production and site activities to optimise productivity and minimise downtime. This role is on a 7pm to 7am – 4 days on & 4 days off rotating roster. Public holidays and weekend work is essential.
- Be able to identify and implement preventative maintenance opportunities
- Achieve maintenance and reliability targets
- Use your strong problem-solving skills to find faults and solve problems
- Implement improvements to drive operational performance
- Partner with our production team and onsite leaders
- Provide general machining, milling and overhaul machine repair work
- Provide a standard of building repair & maintenance services
- Be involved in commissioning new machinery
- Share our values and champion high standards of H&S practices
You will live and breathe our values of SAFE, COURAGEOUS, TRUSTING and COLLABORATIVE. You will be highly committed to ensuring that we meet our HSE obligations; You will do the right thing and not the easy thing; You enjoy building open and trusting relationships and do what you say you will; You will work creatively with others for better outcomes and embrace diversity.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrate minimum of 7 years+ mechanical engineering experience
- In addition to the above, have a minimum of 5 years+ engineering maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment
- You will be trade qualified in Mechanical/Maintenance engineering
- You must be able to work rotating night shifts
- You love to offer solutions and think outside the box
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You will have great attention to detail and be results driven
- You have a continuous improvement mindset
- You will have the ability to work independently, as well as be a team
What we offer:
We are passionate and enthusiastic about our people and our business. We seek to ensure every person grows during their time at GWF and is proud to work here.
- Values driven culture
- A competitive salary package
- Ongoing support and training opportunities for personal and professional development
- Caring Everyday community programme – paid days to volunteer
- Parental support
- Free products & onsite bread, pies and sausage rolls available for daily consumption to our staff on site
- Study assistance and much more!
Applications close on 23rd December, 2022. However, we will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Please note: Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing.