Quality Assurance Coordinator - Christchurch
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF’s product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, small goods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF’s business units include: Tip Top, Don KRC, Mauri ANZ and Jasol. We are renowned in New Zealand for our iconic bread brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughmans, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies, just to name a few. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best'
About the Role:
This Full time fixed term position is a key support role in our Quality team, which is responsible for the development, implementation & maintenance of Quality Procedures & Processes and has come up as a result of an internal secondment.The role reports to the Site Quality Assurance Business Partner.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- To contribute to the effective management of the business through the maintenance of policies, system and procedures in the areas of Food Safety; GMP; Quality Systems; Production Quality, and NPD / Commercialisation.
- To provide technical support to the site management team and production teams
- To ensure ongoing employee commitment and compliance to all areas of food safety, product quality and regulatory requirements.
- Co-ordinate internal audits of the HACCP system, GMP, Quality System Procedures and Documentation and ensure appropriate and effective corrective actions are sought, implemented and reviewed.
- Ensure that products are manufactured to consistent quality standards meeting set specifications. Take action to correct any product quality issues.
- Ensure compliance with all GWF food safety initiatives, policies, strategies and legal requirements.
- 2-5 year's industry experience.
- effective team player that role models accountability at all levels,
- thrives in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Experience in BRC and WQA standards is highly desirable.
- Action orientated – performs work with energy and drive, values planning, but takes quick decisive action when an opportunity presents itself.Previous experience in a food manufacturing facility
- Relationship management - fosters good productive relation with customers Available and able to work in New Zealand
- Attention to detail – thoroughness in accomplishing a task, plans and organises time efficiently. Concern for standards and up-to-date with relevant legislation.
Interested? Apply today!
For more information on our company, visit http://www.georgewestonfoods.com.au/our-passions/index.html
Please note: Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing.
Fixed Term Contract
Job no: FMAP811723
Closing Date: Applications Close - 12/07/18