Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of New Zealand and Australia’s favourite
food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF’s product range is diverse
and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, small goods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF’s business units include: Tip Top, Don KRC, Mauri
ANZ and Jasol. We are renowned in New Zealand for our iconic bread brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughmans, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies, just to
name a few.
Our Tip Top Bakery in Otahuhu is seeking an Assistant Baker with the following attributes to join the team;
- approx. 2 years experience in an industrial bakery
- can demonstrate basic mixer operation and cleaning
- can demonstrate identification of ingredients
- can identify all safety hazards and foreign matter in workarea
- can demonstrate understanding of retail packing and pillow packing
- can demonstrate competence in setting up machinery, and ensuring it runs correctly
- can follow general processes and procedures in the relevant work area
- has successfully completed OPEX 2 training
- is comfortable and competent in completing GMP reporting
- a forklift drivers licence would be an advantage
- Ability to keep up with a physically demanding role (standing for long periods / lifting up to 20kg)
- Ability to work rostered shifts that can include weekends(including Sundays) and nights
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, a medical and MOJ check
- Can communicate in English and basic numeracy skills
- Prior experience in production / baking is required.
- Due to the high standards of food safety management, there is a very strong focus on health, personal wellness and safety in all of the roles.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: DCAH911859
Closing Date: Thursday, 2 May 2019