Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Baker Operator (Night Shift) | GWF Baking - Otahuhu
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,000 people across 40 sites. GWF’s product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, smallgoods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF’s business units include: Tip Top, Jasol, Don KRC and Mauri ANZ. Baking NZ are renowned in New Zealand for our iconic brands which include Tip Top®, Bürgen®, and Ploughman’s®, just to name a few.
We are currently seeking a full-time Baker Operator, no previous experience needed. We only require you to have the drive, motivation and willingness to learn and be a part of a collaborative team at our bakery in Ōtāhuhu. We pride ourselves in supporting our people who are passionate about their work, enjoy a challenge and want to make a difference to our business.
This role is working either 4:00 pm to 4:00 am. Availability to work Saturdays and Sundays is required.
What’s on offer?
- Diverse and inclusive on-site team environment
- Full training and ongoing development
- 2 free loaves of bread per shift worked
- base hourly rate, plus overtime and allowances
Daily activities include:
- Setting up of machines
- Quality checks of product
- Following a production plan/order
- Cleaning of plant
- Troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Escalate any HSE, Quality and Production matters immediately
To be successful in this role you will be able to:
- Champion safety and food quality
- Demonstrate your great communication skills (both written and oral)
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and be passionate about food
- Be willing to learn and apply new skills
- Be physically fit with the ability to lift 20 kgs repetitively
Please note: Applicants for this position will be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing.
Applications will close 02 June 2022, however we will be reviewing applications as they come through so don’t hesitate!