Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Despatch Supervisor - Night Shift | Baking Division - Ōtāhuhu
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,000 people across 40 sites.
Our baking division is renowned in New Zealand for our iconic brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughmans, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies. As a diverse business with a proud history, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people. Creating Everyday Moments of Goodness is at the core of what we do, and we are proud to have recently been recognised as the Inclusive Workplace and Supreme Winners at the 2021 Diversity Awards.
About the role
Reporting to the Production and Despatch Manager, we are looking for a Despatch Supervisor to lead our night shift Despatch team in Ōtāhuhu. This role is responsible for overseeing a fast paced, daily fresh, warehousing operation responsible for the packing & despatching of baked goods to our North Island customers. Safety, coordination of workflows, accuracy & ensuring our Linehaul trucks are loaded and despatched on time, is a key focus for this role.
Having two direct report (Team Leaders) and a team of Packers/Loaders, this critical role plays an important part in ensuring that GWF’s Baking Division maintains high service levels (DIFOT) for its customers.
This is a night shift position working 45 hours per week from Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
- maintaining efficient warehousing practices that continually underpin GWF’s quality, food safety & safety requirements.
- With Chain of Responsibility a key focus for GWF, ensuring warehousing operations & despatching processes (loading) do not compromise Truck Driver safety
- champion food safety and quality, as well as health and safety initiatives and practices for night shift Despatch team
- ensure efficient, accurate and timely picking and despatching of all customer orders
- driving a high-performance culture through coaching and appropriate performance management
- creating an environment and culture of continuous improvement within the night shift Despatch team
- collaborating closely with our Production Supervisors & internal/external stakeholders, ensuring daily activity aligns with stakeholder needs and overall service level requirements.
You will live and breathe our values (SAFE, COURAGEOUS, TRUSTING, COLLABORATIVE), act like an owner of the business and fit comfortably within our high performing culture of curiosity and growth mindset.
Skills & Experience:
- at least 2 year’s previous experience in supervising a Despatch/Warehousing team
- high level of computer literacy to control stock movements and manage picking slips for packers and Distribution Partners
- works closely with people to develop their capabilities
- strong numeracy and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- previous experience in using systems such as SAP, WMS would be desirable.
- Working within a lean warehousing model, with paper-based picking.
What we offer
At GWF, we are passionate and enthusiastic about our people and our business. We seek to ensure every person grows during their time at GWF and is proud to work here.
- Values driven culture
- Annual incentive
- Ongoing support and training opportunities for personal and professional development
- Caring Everyday community programme – paid days to volunteer
- Flexible working and Parental leave support
- Free products
Applications close on 31 July 2022