Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Dispatch Team Leader - Day Shift
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,000 people across 40 sites. Our baking division is a bit famous in New Zealand for our iconic brands including Tip Top Bread, Ploughmans, Burgen, Golden, Big Ben & Dads Pies - just to name a few. As a diverse business with a proud history, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we support and challenge our people to 'Be Yourself – At Your Best.' Creating Everyday Moments of Goodness is at the core of what we do, and we are proud to have recently been recognised as the Inclusive Workplace and Supreme Winners at the 2021 Diversity Awards.
About the Opportunity:
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work alongside an inclusive, fun, and collaborative team? We are looking for a Team Leader to lead our Day Shift team, based at our Wiri bakery. If you are passionate about food, people, and safety, then your search ends here!
This is a fast-paced, hands-on role, working a minimum of 40 hours per week. For those early risers, this role starts at 5am to 1.30pm, Sunday to Thursday.
What can you look forward to?
- Flexible working culture
- Generous parental leave support
- Inclusive and diverse workplace
- Opportunity to work for essential employer
- Free Bread
- On-site Parking
- In collaboration with the Despatch Supervisor, lead a small team of approximately 5 employees
- Ensure efficient, accurate and timely packing of all despatch orders
- Deliver department KPIs and site performance targets
- Coach, develop and provide full training to all team members and temporary workers
- Safely operate fork hoists, unloading and loading of linehaul trucks as required
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge and advice to team and others
- Champion health and safety practices and policies, including compliance with all COVID-19 protocols
- Champion quality and food safety standards
- Create a culture of continuous improvement through effective communication & ongoing process improvement
- Work collaboratively with other functions including Maintenance, Production, and the site leadership team
- Previous experience using systems such as SAP, INX and COR (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience leading small despatch/warehouse team
- You love to offer solutions and think outside the box
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You will have great attention to detail and be results driven
- You will have effective time management skills
- You will have a continuous improvement mindset
- You will have the ability to work independently, as well as be a team player
Applications close: 24 February, 2022
Please note: Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing. We also require all our employees to be fully vaccinated.
We will commence shortlisting as soon as applicants are received.