Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About the Role
We are looking for 2 experienced Flour Millers to join our team in Lower Hutt, Wellington who will be accountable for the operation of equipment, completing the necessary quality, safety and plant checks, implementing manufacturing processes and supporting production improvement initiatives. Best in class training will be given but what is essential is that the successful candidate can demonstrate a strong operating/setting focus as well as a commitment to Health & Safety and Food Safety.
You will be working in an exciting, busy and varied role and be part of our success by:
- Ensuring Milling Operations run in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Stocks of raw materials and finished goods are sufficient to meet customer requirements.
- All records, plans, KPI’s under your control are up to date and accurate
- Actively participate in the formulation, implementation and ongoing maintenance of these systems as they relate to your department.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Personal accountability to be at your best
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in the Milling industry
- National Association British and Irish Miller (NABIM) Qualification or City & Guilds Milling training or equivalent
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Passionate about Health and Safety & Food Safety
- High Ambition, Integrity and learning ability
- Flexibility to work rotating shift roster
Hours of Work: Rotating shift. 6.00am – 4.00pm and 4pm – 2.00am, Monday – Thursday. 40 hours per week.
Wage Rate: $27.76 - $35.00 p/h depending on experience and skills
We aspire to be a great workplace so we can offer you:
- Strong values - We are committed to strong core values; Safe, Courageous, Trusting and Collaborative
- Competitive remuneration including overtime
- Weekly & Monthly product allowance
- Discounted health insurance premiums through Southern Cross Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Reward and recognition program
- Study Assistance after 12 months of continuous service
- 12 weeks paid Primary Carer’s leave on ordinary pay & 2 weeks paid Partner Carer's leave if you have worked continuously for at least twelve (12) months at the commencement of the period of parental leave (both Primary Carer’s and Partner Carer’s) and have or will have a responsibility for the care of the child
- Discounted rates at GWF’s business partners (Southern Cross, Mitsubishi and hotels across Australia and New Zealand)
- Community volunteering - 2 days paid leave to participate in a volunteering activity each calendar year with one aligned to GWF’s 3 charity partners and one for a registered charity of your own choice
Our core values underpin everything that we do and the result is a really special place to work. We have a fun, vibrant and a unique company culture that is founded on our four core values:Safe, Courageous, Trusting and Collaborative
MAURI , a division of George Weston Foods (NZ) Ltd, manufactures and distributes flour, yeast, mixes and resale products to industrial and manufacturing customers throughout New Zealand. Our product range is diverse and includes the popular range of flour Victory, Maximum, Sunfield and Everest, and our range of “XL” muffin and cake mixes – just to name a few! We also manufacture and provide the flour and yeast that goes in to make GWF’s other iconic brands which include Tip Top Bread, Big Ben pies, Golden Crumpets.
If you would like to know more about our business, the website is https://www.gwf.com.au/ & https://www.mauri.com.au/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career, and really want to make a mark in your next role…then look no further. Apply now via our careers page
George Weston Foods holds Accreditation with Immigration NZ, and encourages applications from overseas candidates who wish to make New Zealand home through the provision of a job offer compliant with the Accredited Employer Work Visa criteria.