Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health, Safety and Environment Business Partner
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF’s product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, small goods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF’s business units include: Tip Top, Don KRC and Mauri ANZ. We are renowned in New Zealand for our iconic bread brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughman’s, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies, just to name a few.
Tip Top Baking NZ is a forward-thinking business, well on the way with our Safety journey but we still have plenty to do. If you are an enthusiastic and energetic safety professional, that is ready to be innovative in supporting the development and implementation of our safety culture then we are keen to talk to you.
Reporting to the New Zealand HSE Manager and partnering with our Wiri & Christchurch Bakeries, we are looking for a qualified and experienced HSE professional to join our site leadership teams.
Here’s what you will do:
- Provide safety coaching and leadership to the Wiri and Christchurch Bakeries
- Provide strong collaboration capabilities to influence and implement HSE initiatives
- Be an integral part of the HSE Team working on National and ANZ projects
- Ensure all health & safety regulations are complied with, including hazard identification, risk management, injury management and rehabilitation systems
- Ensure regular and high levels of system integrity and auditing of HSE systems and processes
- Support and drive the overall vision and direction of the business
- Facilitate and develop training programs as required
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have great people coaching and business partnering skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be confident forming effective relationships and networks across all levels of an organisation
- Hold a diploma or equivalent qualification in H&S or related discipline
- Have sound knowledge of machine safety requirements
- Have a background and a thorough understanding of the challenges of health & safety in a commercial setting, preferably in the FMCG/Food Manufacturing
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Be systems savvy and confidently provide the business safety system support
If you are ready to think about safety differently, lead, coach, partner with our business and be part of a successful team, then this will be the ideal opportunity for you.
Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing.
Applications will close on Friday 23 April, 2021.