Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Maintenance Fitter Night shift
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF’s product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, small goods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF’s business units include: Tip Top, Don KRC, Mauri ANZ and Jasol. We are renowned in New Zealand for our iconic bread brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughmans, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies - just to name a few. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best'
About the Opportunity
Want a new opportunity to kick off the new year? We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Fitter - Night Shift for our Wiri Bakery. You will be part of a busy team ensuring round the clock support to ensure our products are delivered on time. This varied role is responsible for proving high quality mechanical engineering services are provided to our plant and equipment, as well as supporting production and site activities to optimise productivity and minimise downtime. This role is on a 7pm to 7am – 4 days on & 4 days off roster, working public holidays and weekends is essential.
- Be able to identify and implement preventative maintenance opportunities
- Achieve maintenance and reliability targets
- Use your strong problem-solving skills to find faults and solve problems
- Implement improvements to drive operational performance
- Partner with our production team and onsite leaders
- Provide general machining, milling and overhaul machine repair work
- Provide a standard of building repair & maintenance services
- Be involved in commissioning new machinery
- Share our safety values and champion high standards of H&S practices
- Demonstrate minimum of 10 years+ mechanical engineering experience
- In addition to the above, have a minimum of 5 years+ engineering maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment
- You must be able to work rotating night shifts
- You love to offer solutions and think outside the box
- You will be trade qualified in Mechanical/Maintenance engineering
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You will have great attention to detail and be results driven
- You have a continuous improvement mindset
- You will have the ability to work independently, as well as be a team player
Applications close on the 5 February 2021, however we will be viewing applications as they come through so please don't hesitate to apply.
Please note: Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing.