Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a mechanically minded and safety focused Maintenance Fitter for our Otahuhu site. Reporting to the site Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Perform preventative and breakdown maintenance in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Proactively identify, diagnose and repair breakdowns
- Maintenance planning, plant improvements and projects
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects and activities
- Efficiently managing call outs when required, whenever practicable
- Participate in Toolbox Talks, actively taking part to resolve operational and WHSE issues
- Consult and Work with others across the site to achieve results
To be successful in this role you will be required to possess:
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Strong commitment towards safety, productivity, and continuous improvement
- Experience as a Maintenance Fitter in a Manufacturing / Production / FMCG environment.
- Experience with Pneumatic transfer systems
- Excellent communication and technical skills
- Competent in basic computer skills
- Competent in MEX or similar CMMS
Hours of Work
Rotating Shift, 6.00am - 4.30pm, 4 on 4 off roster
What’s on offer
- Competitive hourly rate
- On call allowance - $120.00
- Free company products
- Discounted health insurance premiums through Southern Cross
Our core values underpin everything that we do and the result is a really special place to work. We have a fun, vibrant and a unique company culture that is founded on our four core values: Safe, Courageous, Trusting and Collaborative
Mauri is a division of the George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited. we are passionate about all things made with high quality bakery ingredients and Animal Feeds. We are a leading industry supplier, milling over one million tonnes of grain across 14 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With a strong focus on innovation and insights, we align closely with our customers to create products and develop solutions that help their business’ grow.
If you would like to know more about our business, the website is https://www.gwf.com.au/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career, and really want to make a mark in your next role…then look no further. Apply now via our careers page
Due to the current border restrictions, we cannot accept applications from offshore migrants at present. This role is therefore only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visa's.