Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Manufacturing Manager - GWF Baking Division | Harewood, Christchurch
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,000 people across 40 sites.
Our baking division is renowned in New Zealand for our iconic brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughmans, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies. As a diverse business with a proud history, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people. Creating Everyday Moments of Goodness is at the core of what we do, and we are proud to have recently been recognised as the Inclusive Workplace and Supreme Winners at the 2021 Diversity Awards.
Reporting to the General Manager – Operations & Supply Chain, we are looking for a Manufacturing Manager to lead our Bakery in Harewood, Christchurch. You will be leading all activities associated with the safe manufacturing and delivery of our bakery products and ensuring the site continues to rise above its overall standards and performance expectations.
As the site leader you will build and maintain a strong safety and quality culture, through a focus on best practice and continual improvement. You will encourage effective communication and collaboration that champions a culture of continuous improvement, that results in an efficient, engaged, and high performing site operations.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience working in an operational FMCG environment and proven experience developing and operationalising frontline business strategies. You will also pride yourself on your ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve successful business outcomes. Prior experience in and knowledge of “daily fresh” is advantageous
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide overall direction and vision for the Christchurch manufacturing site
- Take direct responsibility for all aspects of the production process cycle and drive the efficient and quality manufacturing practices across the site
- Role model and champion a safety culture
- Plan future manufacturing programs to obtain maximum value from production resources such as equipment, machines, testing and people
- Lead and develop a lean manufacturing culture to gain continual process improvements across all production lines, as well as the despatch area
- Build and maintain a strong team environment with high performance culture
- Ensure people management processes are implemented
- Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production
- Create/improve management control systems, review performance and overcome performance limiting issues
- Have a minimum of 10 years employment experience in production or operations management within a manufacturing/FMCG environment.
- Previous experience in effectively managing large teams in a 24/7 environment
- Hold a tertiary qualification, preferably in Manufacturing / Operations, Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Methodologies, Six Sigma, TPM, TQM and other operational measurement systems are essential.
- Process control experience within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen
- Self-motivated, ability to work unsupervised and set high standards of performance
- You are passionate about challenging and supporting our people
- Proven ability to liaise cross-functionally and work well within a matrix organisation
- Experience in driving measurable step-change improvement within operations, safety, quality, and employee engagement.
What we offer
At GWF, we are passionate and enthusiastic about our people and our business. We seek to ensure every person grows during their time at GWF and is proud to work here.
- Values driven culture
- Annual incentive
- Ongoing support and training opportunities for personal and professional development
- Caring Everyday community programme – paid days to volunteer
- Flexible working and parental leave support
- Free products
Applications close: 29 July 2022