Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Night Shift Engineer
George Weston Foods Limited (GWF) makes some of Australia’s and New Zealand’s favourite food, satisfying people’s hunger for authentic, exceptional food every day. Renowned in New Zealand for our iconic brands including Tip Top® Bread, Burgen, Ploughmans, Golden, and Big Ben we are a top FMCG business producing a wide range of mainstream bread, bakery snacks and pies. Whatever your age or taste, there is a baking product to suit you.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to fill a position of Maintenance Shift Engineer for our manufacturing site at Otahuhu. You will be part of a busy team that provides round-the-clock support to ensure our product is delivered on time. This varied role ensures high quality mechanical engineering services are provided to our plant and equipment as well as supporting production and site activities to optimise productivity and minimise downtime.
This role is on a 6.30pm to 6.30am – 5 on 5 off; 5 on 5 off; 4 on 4 off roster inclusive of public holidays and weekends.
- Preventative maintenance
- Fault finding
- Commissioning new machinery
- General machining and milling
- Machine overhaul repair
- Building repair/maintenance
Skills & Experience:
- Trade Proven qualified in mechanical/Maintenance engineering
- a great command of written and spoken English - communication is very important to us and in the role it is highly valued
- Requires a minimum of 5 year of engineering maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Has good understanding of engineering drawings and documentation
- Great attention to detail
- Results driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- A positive attitude
At GWF we are highly committed to ensuring that we meet our HSE obligations and that all employees are therefore expected to confirm to required standards and protocols. A demonstrated commitment to and understanding of H&S standards and safe work practices is essential. Safe is one of our core values and as such we need someone who has safety as one of their primary concerns.
Please note: Applicants for this position may be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: LUAP811816
Closing Date: Saturday, 30 March 2019