Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Production Supervisor Night shift | Otahuhu
George Weston Foods makes some of Australia & New Zealand's favourite and most innovative products, living our purpose to Create Everyday Moments of Goodness. We are a quality and customer focused FMCG, employing more than 6,000 people across 40 sites.. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc. GWF's product range is diverse, and includes leading brands of bread and baked products, small goods, flour, milled products, animal feed, as well as cleaning and hygiene solutions.
Our Baking Division is renowned in New Zealand for our iconic brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughman’s, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies - just to name a few. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best.' We are also very proud to have been recognised as the Inclusive Workplace and Supreme Winners at the 2021 Diversity Awards.
About the role
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager at our bakery in Otahuhu, the Production Supervisor will manage the bakery’s manufacturing team to ensure production is carried out to meet customer demands to the highest Safety and Quality Standard. This role plays a key role as one of four Shift Supervisors in leading our production teams.
Primarily managing up to 6 Team Leaders and 15 Production employees, this role champions Safety and Quality, focuses on staff development through coaching, training, and performance management, arranges temporary labour when required including inducting and training to meet health & safety requirements, payroll and leave management, quality responsibilities including GMP audits and investigating customer complaints and setting up required actions. You will work closely with your teams and the site to identify, initiate, and lead continuous improvement projects relating to safety, quality, cost, and efficiency.
The hours and days of work are 42.5 hours per week, Saturdays, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday on the night shift. Hours for the role are as follows:
Saturday 7pm – Sunday 7am
Sunday 7pm – Monday 7am
Monday 7pm – Tuesday 7am
Tuesday 7pm – Wed 3:30am
You will live and breathe our values of SAFE, COURAGEOUS, TRUSTING and COLLABORATIVE. You will be highly committed to ensuring that we meet our HSE obligations; You will do the right thing and not the easy thing; You enjoy building open and trusting relationships and do what you say you will; You will work creatively with others for better outcomes and embrace diversity.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a production supervisory role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Continuous Improvement and familiar with a variety of CI models and methodologies
- Confidence and capability working with numbers
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership and ability to influence various business stakeholders including bakery operators and Team Leaders
- Must be able to connect and engage with production team and other key members of the bakery
- Solid understanding of SAP / MRP processes
- Great Problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and results driven with the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Available to work night shifts for the set roster as per above
What we offer
At GWF, we are passionate and enthusiastic about our people and our business. We seek to ensure every person grows during their time at GWF and is proud to work here.
- Values driven culture
- Competitive salary and annual incentive
- Ongoing support and training opportunities for personal and professional development
- Free products
- Caring Everyday community programme – paid days to volunteer
- Parental support
- Study assistance and much more!
Applications close on Saturday 5 February 2022; However, we will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Please note: Applicants for this position will be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing