Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About this Opportunity
Reporting to the Regional Site Manager, you will assist in the daily operations of the Quality and Technical Department at Wellington site with the main focus on leading quality and food safety support for the site. Working collaboratively with Quality, Operations, Sales, Customer Services, R&D and other relevant personnel on site, this role will ensure Right First-Time production under Quality & Food Safety conforming systems that meet the customer’s requirements.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Site QFS Documentation Management and training of staff in quality procedures
- Maintaining and driving a high Food safety & Quality Culture on site.
- Timely and accurate test data, requested information, specifications, and procedures are communicated to internal and external customers
- Checking of production, warehousing & sales processes for appropriateness of compliance to certified processes such as Allergens, Halal, MPI
- Lead the re-development and implementation of the site HACCP and Quality and Food Safety programs.
- Lead Internal Audits to ensure compliance to GFSI Standards (BRC) and drive Quality and Food Safety Culture on site
- Assist in External FSQ audits
- Identify and Conduct FSQ improvement projects
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Experience in a similar role within the FMCG, Production or Manufacturing environment
- Sound understanding of quality standards including HACCP, GMP, Feed safe
- Experience with external/internal audits & implementation of corrective action and verification activities
- Experience with BRC certification will be advantageous but not essential
- Working knowledge of managing workplace health & safety risks
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Able to provide insight and quickly identify a way forward when presented with issues
- Proven experience identifying and deploying process improvements
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to quickly engage with change
We are willing to provide learning & development opportunity to a fresh graduate with relevant tertiary qualification in Food Science, Food Technology, or any related field.
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary and fantastic bonus scheme (7.5% STI)
- 12 weeks paid Primary Carer’s leave on ordinary pay & 2 weeks paid Partner Carer's leave if you have worked continuously for at least twelve (12) months at the commencement of the period of parental leave (both Primary Carer’s and Partner Carer’s) and have or will have a responsibility for the care of the child
- Discounted vehicle purchases from Mitsubishi
- Discounted Hotel Rates across Australia and New Zealand
- Discounted health insurance premiums through Southern Cross
- Study Assistance after 12 months of continuous service
- Community volunteering - 2 days paid leave to participate in a volunteering activity each calendar year with one aligned to GWF’s 3 charity partners and one for a registered charity of your own choice
- Free company products
Our core values underpin everything that we do, and the result is a really special place to work. We have a fun, vibrant and a unique company culture that is founded on our four core values: Safe, Courageous, Trusting and Collaborative
Mauri is a division of the George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited. we are passionate about all things made with high quality bakery ingredients and Animal Feeds. We are a leading industry supplier, milling over one million tonnes of grain across 14 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With a strong focus on innovation and insights, we align closely with our customers to create products and develop solutions that help their business’ grow.
If you would like to know more about our business, the website is https://www.gwf.com.au/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career, and really want to make a mark in your next role…then look no further. Apply now via our careers page
Due to the current border restrictions, we cannot accept applications from offshore migrants at present.
This role is therefore only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visa's.