Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF’s product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, small goods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF’s business units include: Tip Top, Don KRC, Mauri ANZ and Jasol. We are renowned in New Zealand for our iconic bread brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughmans, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies - just to name a few. As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best'
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a friendly and hardworking site cleaner for our Wiri Bakery available for immediate start!
You will be part of team of two, providing cleaning and maintenance duties at our bakery. This role is a rotating position, being 4 days on and 4 days off, with the typical hours of work being 5.30am to 3.30pm.
Public holidays and weekend work are essential.
- Ensure site areas (internal and external) are clean and in orderly condition
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance cleaning activities
- Replenish supplies as needed
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Prior cleaning experience, minimum 12 months
- Physically fit to keep up with physical demands of the role
- Friendly, positive and professional
- You must be able to work rotating 4 day on and 4 day off shifts
- You will have the ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Prior experience in service environment preferred
Applications will close 18th March 2021, however we will be reviewing applications as they come through so don't hesitate to apply.
Please note that applicants for this position will be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing and you have the right to work in New Zealand.