Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Skilled Baker | Otahuhu
George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited “GWF” is a quality and customer focused FMCG that makes some of Australasia’s favourite food. GWF is one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest food manufacturers employing around 6,500 people across 60 sites. GWF’s product range is diverse and includes leading brands of breads, baked goods, smallgoods, flour, milled products and animal feed. GWF’s business units include: Tip Top, Don KRC, Mauri ANZ and Jasol. We are renowned in New Zealand for our iconic bread brands which include Tip Top Bread, Ploughmans, Burgen, Golden and Big Ben Pies, just to name a few.
We are currently seeking 2 full-time Skilled Baker with at least 1-2 year’s experience in a plant baking environment to work at our bakery in Otahuhu. These roles are working on our Night Shift team.
We pride ourselves in employing people who are passionate about their work, enjoy a challenge and want to make a difference to our business.
Daily activities include:
- setting up of machines
- Quality checks of product
- following a production plan/order
- Cleaning of plant
- Troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Escalate any HSE, Quality and Production matters immediately
What’s on offer?
- Diverse and inclusive on-site team environment
- Training and ongoing development
- 2 free loaves of bread per shift worked
To be successful in this role you will be able to:
- Champion safety and food quality
- Demonstrate your great communication skills (both written and oral)
- Demonstrate strong work ethic
- Ability to direct clear work instructions and coach others
- Have prior experience in plant baking
- Be passionate about food
- Be a motivated team player
- Be willing to learn and apply new skills
- Be physically fit with the ability to lift 20 kgs repetitively
Please note: Applicants for this position will be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Drug & Alcohol testing.
Applications will close 18th March 2021, however we will be reviewing applications as they come through so don’t hesitate!