Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Storeperson/ Forklift Operator (Return Shed) | Otahuhu
At George Weston Foods – Baking Division our purpose is “Everyday Moments Of Goodness” and with Iconic Kiwi brands such as Tip Top Bakery, Golden Crump, Ploughmans Bakery, Bürgen and Big Ben how can you not!
As a diverse business with a proud heritage, we offer a broad range of career opportunities, where we challenge and support our people to 'Be Yourself – at your best.' We are also proud to have recently been recognised as the Inclusive Workplace and Supreme Winners at the 2021 Diversity Awards.
We are currently seeking a store person / forklift driver to work as a “Return Shed Operator” reporting to our Despatch Supervisors at Otahuhu. This is a full time, permanent position on night shift.
The hours of work are: 1 am to 10.30 am from Wednesday to Sunday.
Due to the nature of our business, weekend and public holiday work is essential.
What’s on offer:
- An opportunity to work for an Essential/Critical employer
- Free products
- Work close to major public transport routes
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme, offering free and confidential counselling for you and your family members
- Long service benefits and generous parental leave support
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Daily operation of machinery and equipment
- Complete daily fork hoist operator checks and report any identified issues
- Undertake daily auditing of bread returns
- Direct & assist linehaul operators, or any other drivers requiring assistance, with the safe unloading of empty crates and goods
- Troubleshooting basic issues as they arise
- Daily cleaning and general housekeeping
- Actively participate in team meeting
- Undertake other warehouse duties as required
To be successful in this role you must:
- Demonstrate a minimum 1 year’s experience as a forklift operator
- Hold and maintain a current fork hoist licence
- Enjoys working independently as this is a lone worker position
- Have strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Basic computer skills
- Safety conscious
- Demonstrate strong work ethic
- Be a motivated team player
- Be willing to learn and apply new skills
- Be physically fit with the ability to lift 20 kgs repetitively
Please note: All applicants for this position will be required to undertake pre-employment screening tests, including Medical & Drug & Alcohol testing.
Applications will close 9 June 2022