Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader (Day Shift) | Otahuhu
At George Weston Foods – Baking Division NZ our purpose is “Everyday Moments Of Goodness” and with Iconic Kiwi brands such as Tip Top, Golden, Ploughman’s, Burgen and Big Ben how can you not!
We are seeking a Team Leader (Day Shift) based in Otahuhu. This is a full time role working a guaranteed minimum 45 hours per week on a 4:00 am to 4:00 pm roster.
Availability to work at least 1 weekend shift is a must.
- Opportunity to work for a critical employer
- Free products
- Work close to major public transport routes
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme, offering free and confidential counselling for you and your family members
- Long service benefits and generous parental leave support
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading your team to achieve and exceed line production plans
- Delivering on department KPIs and performance targets
- Developing your team’s capabilities through coaching and training
- Drive a safety-first culture
- Operate mixing, proving and baking equipment
- Ensure food surfaces and baking equipment meet all health and safety standards
- Clean and maintain baking equipment, utensils, and tools
At Baking Division NZ, we believe our people make the difference! Our people are committed to a SAFE place to work, COURAGEOUS in our decision making, TRUSTING in our relationships and work COLLABORATIVELY with each other.
For this role, we want someone who is:
- qualified in Plant Baking
- experienced in a Team Leader role in food processing/ manufacturing
- energetic and resilient, with enthusiasm and drive to lead and inspire a team
- a great communicator, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- able to work in a fast-paced environment
- able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- physically fit to stand for entire shift and lift 20 kgs
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter by 03 June 2022.
Applicants for this position must undertake pre-employment screening tests including a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test and a security / background check which may also include a criminal record check.