Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About the Role
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to lead a small team based at our Otahuhu site. You will be responsible for all incoming and outgoing goods and will ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency.
You will be focused on Health & Safety and the efficient and cost-effective movement of product from sites to point of destination either locally or inter-region. In addition, you will have the ability to continuously make decisions regarding daily work priorities, manage schedules and plans in line with production and customer requirements, managing our SAP system and have an attitude for continuous improvement.
Additional responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
- Contribute to a safe workplace, reporting all risks, hazards, and near misses
- Manage order release and STO management
- Perform admin tasks when and as required - invoicing, raising pallet dockets, receipting, stock movement
- Follow stock rotation as per FEFO and customer requirements
- Maintain inventory integrity with high standards
- Ensure the achievement of team KPI's in pick errors, load rate, warehouse damages, DIFOT
- Follow established systems, policies and procedures in the receiving, storage, and distribution of goods
- Champion Monthly Stocktakes and daily cycle counts in-line with company protocols
- Manage damaged, returns and claims
- Manage service and repairs of forklift fleet
- Ensuring the smooth turnaround of trucks daily to meet customer needs
- Actively participate in the development of cost reduction initiatives
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an operations, warehousing or logistics environment or similar environment with exceptional communication skills, superior prioritisation skills and proven leadership experience, with a strong understanding on how to motivate their team to achieve results and meet business requirements.
You will also have:
- SAP experience or equivalent
- Freight Management
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Current Forklift License
- Experience in MPI processes/ requirements
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary and fantastic bonus scheme (7.5% STI)
- Study Assistance after 12 months of continuous service
- 12 weeks paid Primary Carer’s leave on ordinary pay & 2 weeks paid Partner Carer's leave if you have worked continuously for at least twelve (12) months at the commencement of the period of parental leave (both Primary Carer’s and Partner Carer’s) and have or will have a responsibility for the care of the child
- Discounted rates at GWF’s business partners (Southern Cross, Mitsubishi and hotels across Australia and New Zealand)
- Community volunteering - 2 days paid leave to participate in a volunteering activity each calendar year with one aligned to GWF’s 3 charity partners and one for a registered charity of your own choice
- Free company products
Our core values underpin everything that we do, and the result is a really special place to work. We have a fun, vibrant and a unique company culture that is founded on our four core values: Safe, Courageous, Trusting and Collaborative
Mauri is a division of the George Weston Foods (NZ) Limited. we are passionate about all things made with high quality bakery ingredients and Animal Feeds. We are a leading industry supplier, milling over one million tonnes of grain across 14 sites in Australia and New Zealand. With a strong focus on innovation and insights, we align closely with our customers to create products and develop solutions that help their business’ grow.
If you would like to know more about our business, the website is https://www.gwf.com.au/ and https://www.mauri.com.au/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career, and really want to make a mark in your next role…then look no further. Apply now via our careers page
This role is therefore only open to NZ citizens, residents, and those with Open Work Visa's.